Red Cross-Red Crescent movement is the largest volunteer organization in the world. Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS), a national society of the movement, constituted on 31 March 1973 by the President’s Order No. 26 of 1973 with retrospective effect from 16 December 1971, is the biggest humanitarian organization in Bangladesh.
As an auxiliary to the government, the Society provides humanitarian assistance to the vulnerable populace and has undertaken a wide range of activities in humanitarian response, disaster relief, disaster management, responding to public health emergencies, capacity building of the vulnerable population and promoting Red Cross Red Crescent ideals and principles.
Currently Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is looking for a suitable Bangladeshi national for the following position:
|Job title||:||Finance Officer|
|Duration of contract||:||1 Year|
|Age||:||36 years (age limit will be relaxed in case of potential candidate)|
|Reportable to||:||Director, Finance|
|Duty Station||:||National Headquarters, Dhaka|
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure financial book keeping of all transaction
- Maintain Financial record at software
- Prepare Financial report by monthly, quarterly, half yearly and yearly
- Reconciliation of Bank Statement for each month.
- Prepare cash request as per activity plan and also consultation with Donor for fund
- Effective interdepartmental communication
- Manage procurement and general administration
- Ensure fund transfer to related field area and also ensure bill vouchers adjustment in time against advance
- Assisting in the preparation of plan a nd budgets
- Any others financial responsibilities assign by Director, Finance
- 5 years working experience in a humanitarian, development or International Organization is preferred
- Expertise on Financial software on data entry will give preference
- Ability to develop financial reports and maintain cash book, ledger and stock register
- Ability to work in a team; under time pressure; and long office hour when needed
- Master’s in Commerce
- Adhere to the 7 fundamental principles of Red Cross and Red Crescent movement
- Act at all times in accordance with the Code of Conduct
- Able to work in a team and respects opinions of others
- Honest and high level of integrity
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Good stress management skills-ability to work under pressure
- Fluent in spoken and written English is required
If you think you are competent enough for the position, please submit your application with complete resume with a cover letter, two references, a recent photograph and mentioning the name of the position in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org 3:30 pm, 22 May, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.
BDRCS is an equal opportunity employer.
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
684-686, Red Crescent Sarak, Bara Moghbazar, Dhaka-1217